LIFE AT SATALIA
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the hardest problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and interesting projects that will challenge, and allow you to develop new skills, lead and contribute to the overall community.
Our ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust.
At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer you’ll play a pivotal role within the Satalia Logistics team consisting of leading researchers and developers in the field of A.I. You’ll be working with a major UK retailer and be accountable for developing efficient and reusable component based Front End using React.
More about the product: https://www.satalia.com/delivery
The technology stack you will find in the project: Java 8+, Spring Boot, Kubernetes.
- Design and develop production grade software
- Make significant contributions to architecture workshops and decisions
- Contribute to the product’s vision and long-term plan
- Share ownership with the team to ensure code design and quality meet the highest standards
- Promote technical and ways-of-working best practice
- Effectively communicate internally and with clients on requirements, design decisions, problems and solutions
- Teach and mentor less experienced engineers
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong understanding of generic software architecture
- Willing to work as a team player
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Mathematical background is a plus
- Development - focus on bringing the best out of each other
- Annual bonus - when Satalia does well, we all do well
- Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works
- Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change
- People oriented culture - wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person
- Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym - no problem
- Transparent and open culture - you will be heard
Satalia is home to some of the brightest minds in AI and if you’re looking to join a company who not only values autonomy and freedom, but embraces a culture of inclusion and warmth, we’d love to hear from you.
3000-5000 Euros/month (gross, based on skills and experience - for Lithuania purposes only)
We aim to respond to all applications within 2 weeks. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks this means your application has been unsuccessful.
Good luck and we look forward to connecting with you very shortly.