Role type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: UK or Greece (Remote)
Preferred start date: ASAP
LIFE AS A SATALIAN
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in the industry. Satalia, a Wunderman Thompson Company, is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight-knit team of high performing colleagues.
Led by our founder (who is also WPP’s Chief AI Officer), Satalia’s ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today, this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer truly flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements are celebrated.
As a Project Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role within Satalia. You will work with teams of leading practitioners, researchers and developers in the field of AI, on challenging projects ranging across a spectrum of industries, clients and problems. You will be driving high performing teams, and applying your experience and knowledge to deliver critical outcomes for our clients.
Project scoping, planning and management will be key to success in this role. Ensuring your projects are running on time, within budget, and targeting the right business outcomes will be of critical focus. We encourage our project managers to always be on the lookout for improvements, whether that be for a client or within Satalia, and to be a force for positive change. Autonomy and empowerment in decision making are key tenets to help drive that change.
Alongside owning the strategy and success of your projects, you’ll be handling the day-to-day necessities. These will include opportunity scoping, requirements gathering, pricing, risk and financial management, resourcing, team facilitation, client and stakeholder management, billing as well as presenting new opportunities to clients.
- Lead and deliver a range of complex client facing projects, delivering outcomes on time and within budget, using the Agile framework
- Manage stakeholder expectations through regular, clear and concise communication, including senior stakeholders up to C-Suite
- Ensure you and your team are clear on what is required for success, and set up the team to deliver successful outcomes
- Get into and on top of the details of scope, requirements and deliverables
- Clear the path of obstacles that will impede the progress of the product/delivery team by managing, assessing and planning for risks, issues and dependencies
- Continually build and develop relationships with product/delivery teams, and work to reduce project stress
- Ensure project organisation standards are upheld to support information flow, team cohesion and collaboration
- Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution and coaching skills with an ability to handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
- Gather feedback from stakeholders and iterate responsively, adapting to changing circumstances
- Produce accurate status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, risks, and issues communicating to various audiences including key stakeholders and sponsors
- Confidently aid the pre-sales process from a project management perspective; drive the gathering of timeline and team size estimates, validate what we are selling is feasible to deliver and the skill sets required, and act as the connection between sales and resourcing
- Contribute to the wider Satalian community by applying your learning to improve how we work
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- A passion for AI, technology and people
- A proven background in Agile project delivery, with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Ability to plan and lead all stages of the lifecycle throughout a software delivery project; ranging from technical pre-sales, discovery, mobilisation and end-to-end project delivery
- Demonstrable experience managing multiple complex software delivery projects at the same time
- Comfortable using data and tools for forecasting, invoicing and reporting
- Ability to work in different levels of technical depth is a plus; our engagements range from high-level, enterprise AI strategy to bespoke AI development embedded in a product
- The ability to operate in a fast paced environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity, embracing and reacting to change with enthusiasm and critical thinking
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Experience working with AI, ML, NPL, operations research, etc would be a plus
- Agile certifications
- Project management accreditation, similar to PMP/PMI or Prince2 certification
- Ability to lead a team remotely
- Familiar with common Project management tooling (Jira, smartsheet, ClickUp) and G-Suite environment
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge in proposal writing and consultative selling (client facing)
- Development - annual development budget to upskill yourself
- Benefits - Health insurance, life assurance, income protection and enhanced pension
- Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works
- Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change
- People oriented culture - wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person
- Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym - no problem
- Generous leave - 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and enhanced family leave
- Transparent and open culture - you will be listened to and heard
- Annual bonus - when Satalia does well, we all do well
Satalia is home to some of the brightest minds in AI and if you’re looking to join a company who not only values autonomy and freedom, but embraces a culture of inclusion and warmth, we’d love to hear from you. It is preferred that the product owner could work with the team in Kaunas office if needed.
We aim to respond to all applications within 2 weeks. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks this means your application has been unsuccessful.