Role type: Permanent
Location: United Kingdom, Lithuania, Greece
Preferred start date: ASAP
LIFE AS A SATALIAN
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in industry. Satalia, a Wunderman Thompson Company, is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight knit team of high performing colleagues.
Led by our founder (who is also WPP’s Chief AI Officer), Satalia’s ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer true flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements are celebrated.
We are investing massively in developing next generation generative AI tools, including workstreams covering text, image, video, audio, and research. We are building large scale, enterprise grade solutions and serving these innovations to our clients and WPP agency partners.
We are seeking a highly skilled Cloud Platform Engineer to develop and maintain cloud infrastructure for our Typescript and Python-based web APIs and our compute environments. Our solutions will not be tied to a specific cloud platform, so the ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of cloud architecture with either Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure and be willing to work across all clouds. You will be responsible for deploying and configuring various cloud resources such as serverless functions, API management, managed Kubernetes clusters, storage buckets, pipelines and state stores. All infrastructure and deployment must be fully automated using Terraform.
You will be joining a product team in developing these zero to one innovations over a multi-year roadmap. You will be working with the latest technologies across our technology stack, including optimising AI workloads that scale to meet client needs.
It is a great time to be joining as the industry transforms itself in what we believe is a generational moment for technology and AI.
- Work with our development teams to identify the best platform technologies required by best in class AI solutions that are delivered to agencies and clients
- Developing, maintaining, and enhancing design standards and patterns for infrastructure and system components
- Develop cloud infrastructure using the main cloud providers (AWS, Azure,GCP).
- Deliver infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Create durable, resilient and auto scaling solutions wherever possible
- Design and implemented any necessary networking, VPC, routing and transit gateway infrastructure to interact with customer systems
- Ensure security considerations are paramount and operate a principle of least privilege
- Build in Observability, collecting metrics and providing visualisations to be used to support enterprise products.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Hands-on with
- AWS – Route53, ACM, API Gateway, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, SQS/SNS, ECR/ECS/EKS, RDS/Aurora, Cognito, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Developer Tooling
- GCP – Cloud DNS, Endpoints, Functions, Storage, Firestore/Bigtable, Pub/Sub, GKE, Operations (StackDriver)
- Azure - Azure DNS, APIM, Functions and Serverless Compute, Azure Storage, Cosmos DB, App Services/Container Instances/AKS, Service Bus and Queue Storage, Log Analytics, Azure MonitorPractical experience with GitHub Actions Workflows or Azure DevOps Pipelines, Repos and Artifacts
- Experience with Kubernetes, and familiarity with differing Cloud implementations
- Hands-on with Terraform – familiarity with Terragrunt, Terratest
- Management of deployment automation Tooling – GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab CI
- Experience with automated testing tools - Selenium, JMeter, Lighthouse
- Strong scripting skills - Python, Powershell, Bash, Ruby, Perl etc
As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of our wider community. Please let us know at any time if you require reasonable adjustments to your interview process and feel free to let us know the pronouns you use.
- Development - focus on bringing the best out of each other;
- Benefits - enhanced pension, life assurance, income protection, private healthcare;
- Annual bonus - when Satalia does well, we all do well;
- Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works;
- Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change;
- People oriented culture - wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person;
- Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym;
- Transparent and open culture - you will be heard;
- Generous leave - 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and enhanced family leave