Role type: Permanent
Location: United Kingdom, Lithuania, Greece
Preferred start date: ASAP
LIFE AS A SATALIAN
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in industry. Satalia, a Wunderman Thompson Company, is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight knit team of high performing colleagues.
Led by our founder (who is also WPP’s Chief AI Officer), Satalia’s ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer true flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements are celebrated.
We are investing massively in developing next generation generative AI tools, including workstreams covering text, image, video, audio, and research. We are building large scale, enterprise grade solutions and serving these innovations to our clients and WPP agency partners.
We are seeking a highly skilled Cloud Developer to create and maintain the cloud infrastructure for our Typescript and Python-based web APIs. Our solutions will not be tied to a specific cloud platform, so the ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of cloud architecture with either Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure and be willing to work across all clouds. You will be responsible for deploying commercial-grade APIs using Python Docker images, Typescript serverless functions and various cloud resources such as Kubernetes, storage buckets, pipelines and state stores. All infrastructure and deployment must be fully automated using Terraform.
You will be joining a product team in developing these zero to one innovations over a multi-year roadmap. You will be working with the latest technologies across our technology stack, including optimising AI workloads that scale to meet client needs.
It is a great time to be joining as the industry transforms itself in what we believe is a generational moment for technology and AI.
- Developing complex cloud-native serverless applications
- Writing and maintaining serverless functions in Typescript and Python
- Utilising Serverless technology including API management, Serverless functions, Event driven architectures, Serverless databases and document stores
- Implementing a range of integration patterns, from modern SaaS APIs using GraphQL to traditional FTP based integrations.
- Applying DevOps principles to empower teams to manage infrastructure directly using Git
- Utilising Terraform for provisioning and managing cloud resources.
- Leveraging Design Patterns and reference architectures to design scalable and efficient cloud infrastructure.
- Having a strong test driven, quality first mindset to your work
- Communicate effectively with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Familiarity with Diagrams-as-Code for documenting infrastructure architecture.
- Designing solutions observing cross-cutting concerns such as observability and system security
- Taking ownership of deployments in a true devops model
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Strong experience in creating and deploying cloud infrastructure using AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of Python and Docker for developing web APIs.
- Familiarity with serverless technologies covering serverless functions, queues, file storage, API management and key value stores.
- Experience with integration patterns and working with various APIs.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and Git, preferably with experience in modern techniques such as Monorepos
- Proficiency in Infrastructure-as-Code languages such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Understanding of design patterns for building scalable and efficient systems.
- A quality-driven, test first mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Diagrams-as-Code for documenting infrastructure architecture is a plus.
- Understanding of modern authentication protocols such as OAuth2 and OIDC.
- Consideration of cross-cutting concerns like observability and security in infrastructure design.
- Contributions to Open Source projects are a plus.
As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of our wider community. Please let us know at any time if you require reasonable adjustments to your interview process and feel free to let us know the pronouns you use.
- Development - focus on bringing the best out of each other;
- Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works;
- Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change;
- People oriented culture - wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person;
- Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym;
- Transparent and open culture - you will be heard
- Annual bonus - when Satalia does well, we all do well;