Role type: Full time
Location: UK or Greece
Preferred start date: ASAP
LIFE AS A SATALIAN
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in the industry. Satalia, a Wunderman Thompson Company, is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight-knit team of high performing colleagues.
Led by our founder and WPP Chief AI Officer Daniel Hulme, Satalia’s ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today, this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer truly flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements are celebrated.
We are investing massively in developing next-generation AI tools for multimodal datasets and a wide range of applications. We are building large scale, enterprise grade solutions and serving these innovations to our clients and WPP agency partners.
As a member of our team, you will work alongside world-class talent in an environment that not only fosters innovation but also personal and professional growth. You will be at the forefront of AI, leveraging multimodal datasets to build groundbreaking solutions over a multi-year roadmap. Your contributions will directly shape cutting-edge AI products and services that make a tangible impact for FTSE 100 clients.
We are hiring across all experience levels in data science, from entry-level to seasoned professionals, and offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and skills
It is a great time to be joining as the industry transforms itself in what we believe is a generational moment for technology and AI.
- Collaborate closely with data scientists, architects, and other stakeholders to understand and implement business requirements.
- Provide data engineering support for AI model development and deployment, ensuring data scientists have access to the data they need in the format they need it.
- Implement and optimize data transformations and ETL/ELT processes, using appropriate data engineering tools.
- Work with a variety of databases and data warehousing solutions to store and retrieve data efficiently.
- Implement monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance procedures for data pipelines to ensure the high quality of data and optimize performance.
- Participate in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation, including data dictionaries, data catalogs, data flow diagrams, and process documentation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Proficiency with the Python and SQL programming languages.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure, and familiarity with big data technologies such as Hadoop or Spark.
- Experience working with relational databases and NoSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, data modeling, and database schema design.
- Experience in supporting data science workloads and working with both structured and unstructured data.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies, such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau or Power BI is a plus.
If you feel like you don’t tick all our boxes but know you’d make a fantastic Data Engineer at Satalia, please do apply! We know the value of transferable skills and experiences and would love to hear about these in your cover letter. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of our wider community. Please let us know at any time if you require reasonable adjustments to your interview process and feel free to let us know the pronouns you use.
Development - focus on bringing the best out of each other;
Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works;
Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change;
People oriented culture - wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person;
Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym;
Transparent and open culture - you will be heard.
Annual bonus - when Satalia does well, we all do well;