Contract length: Initially 3 months with potential to extend
Status: Outside IR35
Location: Remote - Greece, Lithuania, UK
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in industry. Satalia, a Wunderman Thompson Company, is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight knit team of high performing colleagues.
We are seeking a highly skilled Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to create and maintain the cloud infrastructure for our Typescript and Python-based web APIs. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of cloud architecture with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You will be responsible for deploying commercial-level web APIs using Python Docker images, Typescript serverless functions and configuring various cloud resources such as Kubernetes, storage buckets, pipelines and state stores. Proficiency in full infrastructure automation is required.
• Developing complex cloud-native serverless applications
• Writing and maintaining AWS Lambda functions in Typescript and Python
• Utilising Serverless technology including API management, Serverless functions, Event driven architectures, Serverless databases and document stores
• Implementing a range of integration patterns, from modern SaaS APIs using GraphQL to traditional FTP based integrations.
• Applying DevOps principles to empower teams to manage infrastructure directly using Git
• Utilising Terraform for provisioning and managing cloud resources.
• Leveraging Design Patterns and reference architectures to design scalable and efficient cloud infrastructure.
• Having a strong test driven, quality first mindset to your work
• Communicate effectively with excellent written and verbal skills.
• Familiarity with Diagrams-as-Code for documenting infrastructure architecture.
• Understanding modern authentication protocols such as OAuth2 and OIDC.
• Designing solutions with cross-cutting concerns such as observability and security in infrastructure design.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
• Strong experience in creating and deploying cloud infrastructure using AWS or GCP.
• Understanding of Python and Docker for developing web APIs.
• Familiarity with AWS Serverless technologies like AWS Lambda, API Gateway, EventBridge, SNS, SQS, and DynamoDB.
• Experience with integration patterns and working with various APIs.
• Knowledge of DevOps principles and version control systems, preferably with experience in Monorepos and GitHub.
• Proficiency in Infrastructure-as-Code languages such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
• Understanding of design patterns for building scalable and efficient systems.
• A quality-driven, test first mindset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with Diagrams-as-Code for documenting infrastructure architecture is a plus.
• Understanding of modern authentication protocols such as OAuth2 and OIDC.
• Consideration of cross-cutting concerns like observability and security in infrastructure design.
• Contributions to Open Source projects are a plus.