Role: Python Developer
Contract length: Initially 3 months with potential to extend
Status: Outside IR35 (UK)
Location: Remote - Greece, Lithuania & UK
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in industry. Satalia, a Wunderman Thompson Company, is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight knit team of high performing colleagues. Led by our founder (who is also WPP’s Chief AI Officer), Satalia’s ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust.
We are seeking a motivated Python Developer to join our outstanding engineering team on an initial 3 month contract, with potential to extend. You will have a strong background in producing Python code for high uptime, high performance production systems. The primary responsibility of this role will be taking existing algorithms from a team of data scientists and preparing production ready code that completes the same task. You will be both a technical authority on our Python based solutions and assisting the existing data science team helping them to improve the transition from ideation to production.
You will be involved in all parts of a project’s lifecycle from creating the code, troubleshooting build processes and assisting with the investigation of production issues.
- Collaborate closely with the data science, data engineering and cloud engineering teams to integrate data science solutions into our production systems.
- Follow CI/CD best practices to ensure consistent, repeatable deployments.
- Refine raw Python algorithms to a production ready state, considering performance, stability and maintainability.
- Ensuring robust, repeatable builds across the pipeline.
- Troubleshoot pipeline issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Manage product libraries (requirements.txt files), resolving library conflicts in cloud-based Docker environments, including those for GPU pipelines.
- Document and communicate technical solutions and best practices to the team.
- High degree of proficiency with Python in production systems
- Knowledge of Docker and the ability to create Docker files and Docker images using automated build pipelines
- Experience managing requirements.txt files to prevent and resolve library conflicts in Docker environments.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD practices, tools and techniques and how these are applied to creating Python based Docker images.
- Management of GPU-enabled pipelines and an understanding of the challenges associated with creating GPU-enabled Docker images on VMs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work within a devops focussed team.
Even better if you have:
- Experience using Make files to provide full automation of Python builds
- Experience with building and deploying code using BitBucket pipelines
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Some understanding of data science and AI models