Role Type: Full Time
Location: London area (Hybrid)
Preferred start date: ASAP
LIFE AT SATALIA
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your skills whilst working with a tight knit team of high performing colleagues.
Led by our founder (who is also WPP’s Chief AI Officer), Satalia’s ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer true flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements are celebrated.
Satalia is the flagship AI company of WPP Plc - the largest advertising, creative media and commerce company in the world (FTSE 100 - listed on LSE and NYSE). We focus on solving exponentially hard efficiency problems across many industries and for some of the largest organisations in the world, including Tesco, Philips, Deliveroo, Woolworths, PwC, DFS, BCA, Enumeracy, Firmenich, Xaxis and Finecast.
We’re a small dynamic company of c100, looking to scale to 400-500 in the next few years.
As our first FP&A Manager / Business Controller reporting directly to the CFO, you will play a pivotal role within Satalia. You will be responsible for developing and implementing effective financial planning and analysis processes, providing analytical insight to drive commercial decisions and improvements in short, medium and long term profitability.
You will work closely with the commercial and operational teams to provide financial insights, underlying business performance and support performance improvements, decision-making and help drive profitability.
This is a broad FP&A Manager / Business Controller role, covering the typical areas one would expect of such a role. You will work closely with the CFO who will provide support, advice and guidance, and oversight. Some key areas to draw out include the following:
- Lead financial planning and management accounting
- Contribute towards strategic planning
- Undertake commercial / financial modelling and analyses
- Contribute financial expertise / support with the Innovations and Investments process
- Own the monthly / annual revenue recognition processes
- Work with operational colleagues on numerous cross functional agendas
- Support CFO with a variety of ad hoc Projects
The focus of the role will gradually evolve as the needs of the business evolve. As the organisation increases in size and complexity, the FP&A function will be bolstered.
You will be a qualified chartered accountant with strong analytical skills / financial acumen and commercial awareness to generate insights, analyse business performance and drive actions.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Self starter, attention to detail, hard working
- Diligent and accountable
- Very strong financial modelling skills
- Ability to work across various functions, and balance multiple changing priorities
- Strong commercial acumen and business awareness
- Enjoys and understands the necessity of rolling up sleeves with the daily grind
- Highly organised with the ability to work on and deliver a variety of projects
- Highly motivated to help to scale up a AI / tech company
- Enjoys learning, new challenges, problem solving, bringing structure to ambiguity
- Big 4 professional services experience
- Keen interest in a career in the AI / Data Science / Data Engineering industries
- Technology / Software as a Service experience (e.g. KPIs, financials, commercials)
- Development - focus on bringing the best out of each other;
- Private Health Insurance, Enhanced pension, Income protection and Life assurance;
- Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works;
- Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change;
- People oriented culture - well being is a priority, as is being a nice person;
- Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym;
- Generous leave - 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays and enhanced family leave
- Transparent and open culture - you will be heard;
- Annual bonus - when Satalia does well, we all do well;
Satalia is home to some of the brightest minds in AI and if you’re looking to join a company who not only values autonomy and freedom, but embraces a culture of inclusion and warmth, we’d love to hear from you.
As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of our wider community. Please let us know at any time if you require reasonable adjustments to your interview process and feel free to let us know the pronouns you use.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Loading application form
Already working at Satalia?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.