LIFE AS A SATALIAN
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in industry. Satalia, a Wunderman Thompson Company, is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight knit team of high performing colleagues.
Led by our founder (who is also WPP’s Chief AI Officer), Satalia’s ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer true flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements are celebrated.
In this newly created role, our new Data Engineer will be working alongside our data scientists, internal stakeholders and tech teams to deliver data pipelines and analysis, establish best practice within their field and create a robust data management strategy. The successful candidate will be adept at working in an agile, fluid environment and have demonstrable experience of working independently effectively across multi-discipline teams.
- Work on both client and Satalia data.
- Work with both cloud-based and on-prem data sources.
- Develop ETL pipelines to gather, clean, and make data available for analysis and algorithmic development.
- Implement data integrations to securely and efficiently transfer data across systems and databases.
- Work with our architects to design and implement scalable infrastructures for different types of structured and unstructured data.
- Create and maintain data dictionaries and other types of data documentation.
- Advise Satalians on best practice for data management.
- Liaise with other data teams within WPP to understand and secure access to available datasets that could benefit Satalia and our clients.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Relevant degree (or equivalent) - Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering
- Relevant experience (+3 year) in data engineering or data operations roles
- Extensive experience setting up ETL pipelines.
- Experience with Data pipeline tools such as Airflow, Stitch, Google Dataflow.
- Extensive Experience with 3rd party integrations via API or stream feeds
- Comfortable with both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience designing and building data infrastructures on cloud computing platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience with big data analysis tools such as Hive or Google BigQuery
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Programming skills for parsing and transforming data, with a preference for Python.
If you feel like you don’t tick all our boxes but know you’d make a fantastic Data Engineer at Satalia, please do apply! We know the value of transferable skills and experiences and would love to hear about these in your cover letter. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of our wider community. Please let us know at any time if you require reasonable adjustments to your interview process and feel free to let us know the pronouns you use.
- Development - annual development budget to upskill yourself
- Annual bonus - when Satalia does well, we all do well
- Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works
- People oriented culture - wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person
- Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym - no problem
- Transparent and open culture - you will be listened to and heard
- Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change
- Generous leave - 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays and enhanced paid family leave