Role type: Full Time
Location: UK, Greece, Austria or Lithuania
Preferred start date: ASAP
LIFE AS A SATALIAN
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in industry. Satalia, a Wunderman Thompson Company, is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight knit team of high performing colleagues.
Led by WPP’s Chief AI Officer, Satalia’s ambition is to become a decentralised organisation. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer true flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements are celebrated.
As an Optimisation Scientist, your role will be the design & development of algorithms and decision support tools for a variety of optimisation problems arising from different applications and industries. You will collaborate with clients to gather problem specifications. Your work will support clients’ goals and will contribute to the success of many household brands.
- Design and implement optimisation algorithms (Metaheuristics and/or Mixed Integer Programming approaches) to solve our clients’ problems, in sectors such as transportation, logistics, or workforce scheduling.
- Ability to deeply understand the client's domain, the nature of their challenges and the ability to clearly communicate the most applicable solution(s).
- Develop production-ready code and provide code reviews to your peers
- Work in an agile, interdisciplinary team, take ownership of tasks, and have the ability to estimate the time of a deliverable.
- Build out a domain of expertise related to a Satalia product and develop a repository of clear shareable resources.
- Breaking complex problems into smaller problems, enabling a systematic solution approach, and taking into account the limitations of a solution.
- Working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team on a common goal.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Relevant Masters Degree or above.
- Proficient in one of the following optimisation approaches; Mixed Integer Programming or Metaheuristic approaches.
- Proficient in one object-oriented programming language, preferably Java.
- Understanding of agile principles and experience working in small to mid-sized agile teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
If you feel like you don’t tick all our boxes but know you’d make a fantastic Optimisation Scientist at Satalia, please do apply! We know the value of transferable skills and experiences and would love to hear about these in your cover letter. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of our wider community. Please let us know at any time if you require reasonable adjustments to your interview process and feel free to let us know the pronouns you use.
- Development - annual development budget to upskill yourself
- Annual bonus - when Satalia does well, we all do well
- Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works
- Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change
- People oriented culture - wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person
- Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym - no problem
- Transparent and open culture - you will be listened to and heard
- Generous leave - 27 days’ holiday (UK) 25 days’ (other locations) plus bank holidays and enhanced paid family leave.