Role type: Full time, permanent
Location: UK (Remote working)
Preferred start date: ASAP
LIFE AS A SATALIAN
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight knit team of high performing colleagues.
Our ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer true flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements celebrated.
As our Senior Data Scientist, you will be driving challenging projects from lead generation and pre-sales, through to project delivery and implementation for a range of cross-sector high profile clients. Your focus will be working closely with clients to understand their problems and technical challenges. You will work to create elegant and purposeful solutions that solve their problems and increase business efficiency. In addition, you will be working alongside an established team of fellow established data scientists, as well as mentoring and up-skilling junior members of the team.
- Comfortably switching between being a data scientist, client liaison and technical project manager.
- Working with Satalia's product navigators/managers to engage clients and translate their business needs into technical requirements.
- Design end-to-end solutions that combine appropriate data and software architectures with algorithmic components to address client needs.
- Overseeing the implementation and delivery of solutions developed by Satalia’s data science team.
- Supporting Satalia’s data scientists on various client projects, by reviewing their work and suggesting improvements.
- Developing strategies that help Satalia’s clients and partner firms manage and utilise their data assets.
- Work closely with both technical and business stakeholders from the client’s side to help them develop their data strategy.
- Supporting Satalia’s efforts to expand and develop its data science community by leading recruitment efforts and mentoring team members.
- Building, mentoring and leading a team, as well as providing support and leadership in the data science and consulting space.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Experience in a consulting/client facing role.
- Experience leading and mentoring technical teams.
- Experience with diverse datasets from various domains.
- Upwards of 5 years experience in the broader data science domain.
- Experience developing and productionising end-to-end data science solutions.
- Proven ability to create engaging technical presentations/pitches for communication and sales purposes.
- Broad and applied knowledge of data science algorithms, with a preferred focus on Machine Learning and Data Mining.
If you feel like you don’t tick all our boxes but know you’d make a fantastic Senior Data Scientist at Satalia, please do apply! We know the value of transferable skills and experiences and would love to hear about these in your application.
- Development - annual development budget to help upskill yourself
- Annual bonus - when Satalia does well, we all do well
- Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works
- Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change
- People oriented culture - wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person
- Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym - no problem
- Generous leave - 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and enhanced family leave
- Transparent and open culture - you will be listened to and heard
Satalia is home to some of the brightest minds in AI and if you’re looking to join a company who not only values autonomy and freedom, but embraces a culture of inclusion and transparency, we’d love to hear from you.