Role type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: UK (Remote based, with travel)
Preferred start date: ASAP
LIFE AS A SATALIAN
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the most complex problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and challenging projects, allowing you to flex your technical skills whilst working with a tight knit team of high performing colleagues.
Our ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust. At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. We offer true flexible working and allow our employees to find the working practice that makes them most productive. At Satalia, your opinion matters and your achievements are celebrated.
This is a Hunter role developing new logo business across our high profile client base. You’ll be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, leading end-to-end sales pursuits, and managing client relationships while collaborating with the broader business to bring forth the best of Satalia to meet client needs. You’ll be joining as our second Satalian within the Sales team to support our business development activities alongside our current Sales Director. You’ll be adept at working in a fast-moving Agile environment with previous sales experience from the technology sector. Where restrictions allow, we expect the person to be travelling up to 50-60% of the time to meet with clients.
- Targeted to generate annual revenue from new logos, before transitioning them over to the account management team to scale further.
- Identify/ create and qualify opportunities (sole sourced, RFPs). Shape and solution engagements in collaboration with subject matter experts/Solution Architects as appropriate.
- Develop and communicate compelling value propositions to advance sales conversations.
- Drive pricing and MSA negotiations with clients, in line with internal approvals, to drive to closure.
Client relationship management and networking:
- Build trusted advisor relationships and influential partnerships based on a strong foundation of business and digital expertise; leverage and build on existing client relationships/contacts.
- Work with vertical heads and Account Management teams to ensure year on year revenue growth.
- Invest in social, selling your own, and Satalia’s brand.
- Collaborate closely with the Services, Logistics, Workforce and seedling Ventures to build customised solutions for end clients.
Expertise and knowledge management:
- Track industry and technology developments– assess the implications of macro-economic moves, new business models, industry disruptors (regulations, new offerings, new players).
- Track competitors – investments, footprint, new offerings; develop account-specific deep insights.
- Develop and own sales plan for winning priority new accounts for Satalia and lead sales review with updates on your plan/business pipeline.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Track record of hitting revenue targets
- 5+ years of experience in business development with depth of experience across the tech industry.
- Experience of selling digital transformation, customer experience focused services with hands-on experience of pursuing, shaping & closing £500k+ outcome led deals.
- Experience of engaging senior stakeholders on their business problems and ability to match those with relevant service offerings.
- Well networked, with strong references from key stakeholders (buyers, influencers).
- Experience in growing and sustaining long-term customer relationships.
- Resourceful, understands and leverages “the-art-of-the-possible”.
- Balance of IQ & EQ, with autonomy, tenacity and resilience.
- Confident communication/ active listener with excellent story telling capability and facilitation skills.
- Aptitude to research, learn and grasp new concepts.
If you feel like you don't tick all our boxes but know you'd make a fantastic Sales Executive at Satalia, please do apply! We know the value of transferable skills and experiences and would love to hear about these in your application.
- Development - annual development budget to upskill yourself
- Commission bonus - OTE of £100,000 - potential to earn up to 10% commission
- Remote working - café, bedroom, beach - wherever works
- Impactful projects - focus on bringing meaningful social and environmental change
- People oriented culture - wellbeing is a priority, as is being a nice person
- Truly flexible working hours - school pick up, volunteering, gym - no problem
- Generous leave - 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and enhanced family leave
- Transparent and open culture - you will be listened to and heard
Satalia is home to some of the brightest minds in AI and if you’re looking to join a company who not only values autonomy and freedom, but embraces a culture of inclusion and transparency, we’d love to hear from you.